Wednesday, February 1, 2017

 Woah, I got a voice phishing call today! The scammer on the phone was telling me that someone used my personal information to create two fake passbooks, and I, like, panicked. I must have sound really stupid, but back then, I was made to believe that someone used that fake passbooks to scam over twenty million won, and they froze these two bank accounts. It sounded really convincing that I thought they were truly calling from the Seoul District Prosecutor's office. They asked me how many bank accounts did I have, and how much money have I deposited, so I told them. Later, I called my bf to tell him about this to which he said, 'That was voice phishing." I was dumbfounded when I looked it up on the internet because it was true! Just a freaking voice phishing- and they all had the same story, same lines. They couldn't even bother to cook up a fresh story for scam! x_x Oh well, at least no serious damage was done as they can't really do anything with what I have told them. 

For now, I really need to focus on my work. Can't get distracted!

No comments:

Post a Comment